Smart security cameras are an innovative solution that allows you to keep an eye on your home or business when you’re away. Blink camera systems are a popular choice because they are affordable and easy to set up and use. When properly configured, Blink cameras capture high-quality videos and clear audio and alert you when someone walks onto your property. They also have customizable settings to allow users to view their homes in the best way that suits them.
If you recently purchased a Blink camera system, you may want to know how to schedule a Blink camera. Well, when you first set up your Blink system, it is usually disarmed. Arming your camera will activate motion detection and allow it to record and save footage of events. You can set how long you want the footage stored and personalize motion sensitivity and zones.
Scheduling your camera allows you to customize when it should be active or inactive, making it convenient to automate its recording behaviors. Whether you want it to record in a certain time window or on specific days, scheduling gives you control over your Blink camera system. This post will cover how to schedule your Blink camera to tailor its functionality to your preference for optimal performance.
Scheduling your Blink camera system adds some automation to the camera’s functionality. If you have just installed the cameras, you will need to download and install the Blink Home Monitor app on your smartphone or tablet and set up a Blink account. Once you have everything set up, follow these steps to schedule your Blink camera:
- Launch the Blink Home Monitor app and open settings by tapping the “Settings” icon.
- Tap on “Device and System Settings” to see all your Blink camera systems, and click on the “>” to the left of the name of the camera for which you want to set up a schedule.
- Confirm your time is set correctly and click on “Scheduling.” This will open a calendar entitled “Weekly Schedule.”
- Click the “+” icon on the top right of your screen to start adding the times you want the selected Blink camera to be active. You can set specific days and times for the camera to be active or inactive. Initiating scheduling will automatically enable Arm.
- You have to schedule arming and disarming separately. To schedule arming, select the time you want the Blink system to be active by touching or rotating the clock hand, then choose AM or PM. Select the days of the week you want the schedule to apply and click “Save” at the top right corner of your screen. This will save the schedule and return to the Weekly Schedule screen.
- To schedule disarming, tap the “+” icon and set the time and days you want the selected Blink system to remain inactive. Toggle the button on the top left to “Disarm” and click “Save” to finish.
You can repeat these steps for all Blink systems you want to schedule, and your Blink cameras will be active and inactive during the set times and days. Scheduling overrides any other manual setting or those set using virtual assistants like Amazon Alexa.
Note: Blink camera system can be one or multiple cameras. While you can schedule Blink cameras separately with distinct modules, multiple cameras added to the same system are usually linked together so that they will respond to the scheduling simultaneously.
To ensure your Blink camera(s) responds to the scheduling, wait for the designated times it should start or stop recording. Use the Live View feature to confirm your camera is running at the right times.
Scheduling Blink cameras minimizes false alarms and unnecessary notifications, especially when family members and authorized individuals walk around your property.
It can also help save on energy bills as your camera will enter power-saving mode when disarmed.
Even so, you may want to modify existing schedules to keep your Blink cameras working optimally. The ability to modify a schedule allows you to rectify any settings you might have triggered accidentally when setting up the schedule. Interestingly, Blink’s intuitive camera makes it easy to modify schedules.
To modify an existing Blink schedule, open the Blink app and navigate to the schedules of the camera system whose schedule you want to modify. On the Week Schedule, tap on the arm and disarm toggles, and set new times.
If you will be away for a few days or weeks, you may want to turn off scheduling so that you can monitor your property throughout.
To disable a Blink camera system schedule, open the Blink app, tap “Settings” at the bottom of your screen, go to “Device and System Settings,” and click the name of the camera whose scheduling you want to disable. You should see a “disabled” toggle next to “Scheduling.” Tap on the switch to turn off the schedule.
When the Blink camera system is scheduled, it actively monitors any activity or motion during the set times and day.
It will also start recording and may send a notification to your smartphone or tablet. While this can offer great convenience and flexibility, sometimes you may want to delete the schedule.
To delete a Blink camera schedule, navigate to the Weekly Schedule and click the track can icon next to + at the top left corner.
Confirm that you want to delete the schedule by tapping “Yes.” When you delete a schedule, it is recommended to arm your system for motion detection so that you can get notifications whenever your cameras detect motion. This can help enhance security and safety.
Scheduling your Blink camera is a simple yet powerful feature that allows you to automate its functionality to fit your needs and preferences. You can set up schedules for your Blink camera systems with the steps outlined above. Ultimately, you will get to enjoy enhanced and effective performance without having to adjust your camera settings manually.