Blink Sync Modules act as the hub for your Blink camera system, providing connectivity and enabling key features.
To remove or replace a Blink Sync Module, you must adequately unregister it from your Blink app account.
Unregistering disconnects the Sync Module, so it will no longer appear or cause conflicts in the app. This is important when swapping a new module, transitioning to Blink Mini cameras, or troubleshooting connectivity issues.
Here is a step-by-step walkthrough on how to fully unregister a Blink Sync Module from your mobile app on either iOS or Android. Following the proper unregistering procedure, you can smoothly detach a Sync Module when upgrading or modifying your Blink smart home security system.
When You Should Unregister the Sync Module?
Several scenarios will require you to unregister your existing Blink Sync Module:
- Replacing with a new Sync Module – If upgrading to a Sync Module 2 or the setup has changed, you’ll need to unlink the old module.
- No longer using some cameras – If you remove some Blink cameras from your system, unregistering the Sync Module they were connected to may be necessary.
- Switching WiFi networks – When changing your home WiFi router or network, you must set up the Sync Module from scratch.
- Transitioning to Blink Mini – Unregistering is required if swapping over to Blink Mini cameras that don’t need a Sync Module.
- Troubleshooting issues – Sometimes, unregistering and re-registering the Sync Module can resolve technical problems.
Anytime your Sync Module needs to be disconnected from your cameras or Blink account, you must go through the unregistering process in the app.
Step-by-Step Guide to Unregister a Sync Module
Unregistering a Blink Sync Module only takes a few steps:
- Open the Blink Home Security app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Choose “Settings” from the menu.
- Select “Sync Modules” from the Settings menu.
- You will see a list of Sync Modules registered to your account. Tap on the one you want to unregister.
- Tap the “Unpair Device” button on the Sync Module settings screen.
- A confirmation message will appear. Tap “Unpair” again to confirm you want to unregister this Sync Module.
- The Sync Module and any associated cameras will immediately disappear from your Blink app once unregistered.
The process is very straightforward, either on iOS or Android devices. With those few taps, your Sync Module is fully disconnected from your account.
What Happens When a Sync Module is Unregistered
Once you unregister a Blink Sync Module, a few things will occur:
- The Sync Module will no longer appear in your Blink app at all.
- Any Blink cameras or devices synced and connected to that module will also disappear from the app.
- The Sync Module can be added to a different Blink account if desired.
- Camera access will be disrupted until those cameras are re-synced to a module or WiFi.
Essentially, unregistering cuts off connectivity between the Sync Module, cameras, and your account. This gives you a clean slate to set up a new Sync Module or transition cameras.
Re-Registering the Same Sync Module
If you change your mind later, you can easily re-register the same Blink Sync Module that was previously unregistered:
- Power on the Sync Module you had unpaired.
- Open the Blink app and tap on “Add New Device.”
- Choose “Sync Module” from the device type list.
- The app will walk you through the process of detecting and registering your Sync Module again.
- Once re-registered, you can reconnect any associated Blink cameras as well.
The re-registration process is quick and painless as long as the Sync Module is turned on and within WiFi range. The same module can be connected and disconnected from your account multiple times if needed.
Tips for Trouble-Free Unregistering
To ensure the process goes smoothly when unregistering your Blink Sync Module, keep these tips in mind:
- Check that the Sync Module has power and is connected to your WiFi before unregistering.
- Reset your home WiFi router if connectivity problems occur during the process.
- If cameras disappear, you must add them back manually after the Sync Module changes.
- If previously registered elsewhere, a factory reset of the Sync Module may be required.
- Update your Blink app and Sync Module firmware to the latest versions.
- Contact Blink Support if you need help getting a Sync Module fully unregistered.
What happens to my video footage stored on a module when I unregister it?
Any stored video footage on the Sync Module will remain intact even after unregistering. You will keep clips.
Do I need to unregister a Sync Module if I only move cameras between modules?
If keeping the same Sync Modules and just changing camera assignments, unregistering is optional.
You can register a Sync Module to a different account after unregistering it from the original account.
No, unregistering a Sync Module does not cancel or impact your ongoing Blink subscription in any way.
Unregistering Blink Sync Modules is a straightforward process that only takes seconds in the Blink app. You can seamlessly upgrade equipment, reconfigure cameras, and troubleshoot issues when needed by properly disconnecting your Sync Module. Just be sure to re-add any affected cameras afterward. With this guide, you can confidently unregister Blink Sync Modules as your smart home security system evolves.