Wyze Cam is one of the most popular budget-friendly home security cameras. It provides easy setup, clear HD video quality, and free cloud storage. With these features, the Wyze Cam has become the top security camera for homeowners who want to monitor their homes remotely. A common question from Wyze Cam owners is, “Can I view my Wyze Cam when I’m away from home?” The answer is yes!
What are The Benefits of Remotely Viewing Your Wyze Cam?
Being able to check the live video stream from your Wyze Cam while you’re away from home provides some excellent benefits:
- Peace of mind – With remote viewing, you can look in on your home anytime to ensure everything is okay. This can give you comfort and reassurance when traveling or out for the day, letting you check on pets or property.
- Enhanced home security – Remote access allows you to use your Wyze Cam as a security camera system to monitor suspicious activity. You can watch for intruders and see if any motion triggers could indicate a break-in.
- Pet monitoring – Check in throughout the day to see what your pets are up to when you’re not home. Ensure they have enough food and water and aren’t getting into trouble.
- Child monitoring – Parents can periodically check the live camera feed to see their kids arriving home safely after school or watch the baby monitor cam.
- Live view of deliveries – Get notifications when the Wyze Cam detects motion and watch the live feed as packages are delivered to keep deliveries safe.
What You Need For Remote Viewing
To view your Wyze Cam feed from anywhere, there are a few requirements:
- Wyze Cam – You’ll need a Wyze Cam security camera set up inside your home, plugged into a power outlet and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Wyze mobile app – The free Wyze app allows you to access your camera’s live stream on iOS or Android devices. You’ll need to download the app to your phone or tablet.
- Internet connection – Both your Wyze Cam and your mobile device will need an internet connection to stream and view video. The Wyze Cam connects via Wi-Fi and your phone via mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Wyze account – You’ll need to create a free Wyze account to use the app features and services. This allows you to access your cameras securely.
You can view your Wyze Cam’s feed from anywhere if you have the camera, app, internet connections, and a Wyze account.
Step-by-Step: How to View Your Wyze Cam Remotely
Once you have all the requirements in place, follow these steps to view your Wyze Cam when away from home:
- Download and install the Wyze app on your iOS or Android phone or tablet.
- Create a Wyze account and log into the app.
- In the Wyze app, go to the Cameras tab and select the live view of the camera you want to see.
- The live stream from your Wyze Cam will connect and display on your phone.
- Using the app controls, you can now monitor a live view of your home or recorded clips.
- When done viewing, tap Exit to end the live stream.
With just those few simple steps in the Wyze app, you can check the live feed from your home security Wyze Cam no matter where you are!
Troubleshooting Remote Viewing Issues
Sometimes, technical issues can prevent you from accessing your Wyze Cam remotely. If you’re having trouble viewing your live camera feed from the Wyze app outside of your home, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Check the Wyze Cam connection – Make sure your Wyze Cam is connected to your Wi-Fi and able to access the internet. You can power cycle the camera and check the connection status in the app.
- Verify mobile device internet connection – A stable internet connection on your phone is required via Wi-Fi or mobile data. Try toggling between the two or moving closer to a router.
- Restart the Wyze Cam – If the camera seems stuck, unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in to reboot it. This can resolve connection problems.
- Update the Wyze app – Download the latest version of the Wyze app in case bugs in older versions prevent remote access.
- Clear the Wyze app cache and data – As a last resort, clearing the cache and app data in your device settings can prevent a glitchy Wyze app from working properly again.
- Contact Wyze support – If you still can’t resolve remote viewing issues, the Wyze support team can help troubleshoot further so you can access your camera remotely.
Following this troubleshooting guidance will help get remote viewing up and running again.
Additional Features Available in the Wyze App
Beyond live remote viewing, the Wyze app unlocks handy features:
Motion Detection Alerts
When your Wyze Cam detects motion, you can opt to get push notifications sent to your phone with a still image of what triggered the motion sensor. This allows you to monitor activity in the home remotely.
Play Back Recorded Clips
Scroll back through the last 14 days of recordings from the Wyze Cam’s SD card right in the app timeline. This makes it easy to review past security footage when away.
Hear audio of what’s happening at home and speak through the camera’s built-in speaker to warn intruders or chat with pets and kids using the two-way audio feature in the app.
Connect your Wyze Cam with IFTTT applets to trigger lights, alarms, or other actions when detecting motion. This expands your home security automation options.
You can add other users to your Wyze account, so family members can access the live camera streams using the app on their own devices.
Wyze Cams can create a time-lapse video of the day’s activity so you can quickly review a day in life at home using the Wyze app controls.
Viewing your Wyze security camera’s live feed remotely from the Wyze app is extremely useful for monitoring your home anytime, anywhere. With just a few taps in the app, you can check in on pets, keep an eye out for package deliveries, or enhance your home security system. As long as you have a Wyze Cam set up and connected, internet access on your mobile device, and the Wyze app installed, you can view and control your Wyze Cam from anywhere in the world. Give it a try next time you are away from home!